Friday, December 17, 2010

Library ****ngthang!

I have spent hours (well tens of minutes) searching for my favourites/interests on Library Thing. And checking out the likes of random others. Much fun to be had - only to be frustrated by not being able to get a widgethingy on my blog so I can show all my fans my favourite stuff. Perseverence and patience required. My cause is not helped by using an unfamiliar computer with Safari for its browser. Where did all my tabs go??? Moving from page to page is not easy.  >: /

Library thing must seem like a blissful place for library types. We could put up a wishlist with titles our readers request or we could add our new items. Put a widget on our webpage to display them. Just as we put up a board in the library with staff reads or list staff picks on the web page, we can offer suggestions by listing our choices via the widget. And let's face it - it's just plain fun to use.

As for delicious - that's a nice tool. As a presenter of Storytime I often ask for crafty/kiddy sites that my colleagues may have visited so using this I could find 'em easily - and put up a few of my own faves for others to peruse. Noice.
We can share information about relevant developments in professional issues with our colleagues. Using Delicious, one person can undertake research and share it with lots. Also noice. But as Delicious enters it's denoument we'll just have to find another bookmarking site to use. I like the sound of "reddit" but have yet to try it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I was thinking the same about craft websites for storytime when I did it I would often get parents asking for ideas and this would have been a good place to point them

    ReplyDelete