Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's official - I'm a Twit

I wonder if Twit is the appropriate title for those who use Twitter. Frankly I don't care - I'm hooked.
One of the reasons I don't keep in touch with my mates regularly via electronica is that opening and scanning my e-mail or Facebook pages for relevant stuff is a bit of a time waster. I always manage to put it off for a couple of weeks and if I'm not going online for any other reason .... I just don't do it!

Now, through the marvel that is Twitter, I can rattle off a quick message and keep in touch between e-mails and phone calls. Quick and easy - and fun! Who wants to write a whole e-mail about one's thoughts on the state of Australian Cricket. Limiting the characters means I get succinct thoughts out to my masses of fans.

On a less than personal note, Twitter can be used by libraries to keep library communities abreast of events, titles, programs and even send reminders. Something like "Don't forget we'll be closed between Christmas and New Year. Have a safe and happy holiday "

As professionals who are continually networking we can send links to relevant info quickly without interrupting the recipient. We can comment on issues that affect us and communicate with a large group of our peers. It's there easily accessible for interested parties who are following our organisation. I like the function to have tweets to your phone - keeping up to date wherever you are!

Yes, I am a Twit - and proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations from another Twit (or Twitter).
    Like you I have become a Twit, but not twit and find it addictive and easy to use. Since it is so easy to use and can be used on many different formats, it would be a great way to inform groups of events that are coming up, like Library Lovers speakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using Twitter for up comming events, or to remind those that are booked that the event is coming up seems great.

    ReplyDelete