Sunday, December 19, 2010

At last ....

At last I've come to the end of the course. It's been a bunch of fun, I must say. It took a while to get my head around doing more assessment tasks just a few weeks after finishing uni for the year, but I have to say the last couple of weeks have been very valuable.
From being an occasional (very occasional) Facebooker, lapsed rss user and poor e-mail correspondent I have become a confident blogger and complete Twit!

I can see the value for many of the tools we've experienced for promoting library participation, reader services and our own professional development and am very glad to be working in a profession that is constantly looking forwards.
Information is our business afterall and using, finding, facilitating, navigating, providing etc etc information in all its myriad forms is what we do best. It's essential that we know what's available, how it's used and how best to use it as part of our work.

So thanks for the course, thanks to everyone for the fun blogs, tweets and videos you've all contributed. It's been fun. I'm now off to tweet my excitement at finishing, update my Library Thing book list, look for a new social bookmarking spot to go to, check for new feeds and pods and generally hangout in web2.0sville. See you there!

1 comment:

  1. Have enjoyed your blog, especially the guinea pigs. Best wishes and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete